‘FAIREST OF THE FAIR’ LIKE PAGEANT RETURNS TO SAN DIEGO

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version Share this

May 5, 2011 (San Diego) – A new pageant takes the stage on Monday, May 30, when the Joan B. Kroc Center will host the 2011 Miss San Diego Cities Pageant. Pageant organizers are currently seeking outgoing women ages 13-26 to participate in the program. Miss San Diego Cities 2011 will receive at $1,000.00 scholarship while Miss Teen San Diego Cities will receive a $500.00 scholarship.

 

The pageant is open to residents of unincorporated areas as well as residents of cities within San Diego County. It will be the first county wide pageant since the “Fairest of the Fair” ended in 2004 that does not have a swimsuit competition, does not have a talent competition and where the contestants do participate in essay writing and speech presentation.

“There are so many wonderful young ladies in San Diego that can benefit from this experience,” says pageant director Alexandra Kuty. “If you don’t want to be on a stage in a swimsuit or haven’t played an instrument your entire life it doesn’t mean you can’t do an exceptional job representing your city as local titleholder.”

Pageant organizers are currently seeking outgoing women ages 13-26 to participate in the program. Miss San Diego Cities 2011 will receive at $1,000.00 scholarship while Miss Teen San Diego Cities will receive a $500.00 scholarship.

 

Kuty, who also directs the Miss La Mesa and Miss Santee pageants is known for putting on first class productions for East County women. “I am thrilled that our team is able to expand and hold a county wide pageant that is a quality production and fair to everyone who participates. Miss San Diego Cities will be a woman who represents all of the cities that make up San Diego County.”

 

The 22nd Agricultural Association still holds the rights to the titles “Fairest of the Fair” and Miss San Diego County.” Unlike the Fairest of the Fair pageant young women do not need to win a local title to compete for the county title, it is open to all San Diegans who meet the requirements. There will be no matching evening gowns and no manipulation of the scores by the director.

 

“As a former Miss La Mesa participating in the Fairest of the Fair was a dream. I hope to bring that spirit of the Fairest of the Fair pageant back to San Diego and maybe even have the San Diego County Fair utilize our titleholders as representatives at the fair this year.”

 

Contestants will be scored in the following categories: Interview (30% of total score), Physical Fitness and Beauty (15% of total score), Speech (15% of total score), Evening Gown (10% of total score), On Stage Impromptu Question (10% of total score) and Poise, Personality and Overall Impression (20% of total score). Pageant photographers will present the Miss Photogenic award, there will also be an essay writing contest as well as a speech and interview award. Winners will receive the once in a lifetime opportunity to serve as their cities official hostess and spend the year attending grand openings, parades and volunteering with different charitable organizations.

 

The show begins at 5:00 p.m., doors open 4:30 p.m. and is open to the public. Tickets are $20.00 at the door or $15.00 pre-sale.

 

For more information or to become a contestant, contact pageant director, Alexandra Kuty, at 619-698-4163 or via email MissSDCitiesPageant@yahoo.com.
 

Comments