April 29, 2016 (Ramona) -- East County Magazine extends our hearty thanks to all who sponsored and attended our "Magic Mountain"benefit event at Vineyard Grant James in Ramona! We raised over $1,200 from the event, helping us keep you safe and informed.
We extend our special thanks to our major sponsors:
- Vineyard Grant James, for donating space at their beautiful winery and serving up their wonderful wines for our guests to savor.
- Eleanor Tamayo from SDG&E, who was on hand to give away thermal totes, LED nightlights and magnifying bookmark-readers to our guests. We greatly appreciate SDG&E's donation of $500 as the major event sponsor - and a surprise donation check to sponsor our next 2 events!
- Cheese from the Cave, which donated delicious, local hand-crafted cheeses and also provided other goodies for our guests to enjoy.
- GB Treats, which offer tastings of their amazing locally-made chocolates in a variety of flavors.
- Tim Atkins, Baja Blues Boys, for providing marvelous entertainment for our event
Our guests enjoyed a delightful afternoon, renewing old friendships and maknig new ones, while savoring wonderful wines, foods, music -- and winning a fantastic array of prizes!
If you missed the festivities, don't despair!
Mark your calendars for July 31st, tentative date for our next benefit event, a "Roaring '20s Jazz Age" party at San Pasqual Wine Bar in La Mesa! Get your flapper, gangster, or Gatsby garb ready! Watch for details and if you're not yet a subscriber to our newsletter, sign up free at the top right side of our newsletter to be sure you'll receive your invitation.
You can also make a donation to help support our community news and wildfire/emergency alerts at http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/donate/