Tips and tricks for business success and growth
By Rama Beerfas
October 1, 2014 (San Diego’s East County) – Yes, it's that time of year again - the time to review what did and didn't work in your marketing plan in 2014 and to start building your new plan for 2015.
Here are five steps to building a strategic marketing plan for 2015:
- Review last year's plan to see what worked and what didn't. Keep what worked (if appropriate) and get rid of or tweak what didn't.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis to review what your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats are for the present and the foreseeable future.
- Determine what your goals are for next year. Remember to make them SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely).
- Write your goals down into an "official" marketing plan or business plan, including deadlines and estimated budget.
- Add action steps to each goal so you have a solid roadmap for how to proceed in achieving those goals.
5a. Put your written plan into motion!
What are you waiting for - it's time to get going!
Rama Beerfas is Chief Solutions Specialist for San Diego-based Lev Promotions, offering marketing consulting, promotional products, trade show displays and training, and more. Rama also offers seminars and training in marketing and customer service related topics. She can be reached at (619) 697-2045 or at email@example.com or visit www.levpromotions.com. Column requests and comments are welcome.