RAMONA BOY HOSPITALIZED AFTER RATTLESNAKE BITE

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version Share this

 

By Liz Alper

October 9, 2015 (RAMONA) - A four-year-old boy is in intensive care at Rady Children's Hospital after being bitten by a rattlesnake.

The boy was bitten on the hand at around 11:00 yesterday morning in the Palm Grove area of Ramona.  Witnesses say he may have been trying to grab the snake.  

KUSI reports that he was airlifted to the hospital and is expected to be out of the ICU in the morning, according to his mother.


Error message

Local news in the public interest is more important now than ever, during the COVID-19 crisis. Our reporters, as essential workers, are dedicated to keeping you informed, even though we’ve had to cancel fundraising events. Please give the gift of community journalism by donating at https://www.eastcountymedia.org/donate.