East County Wildfire & Emergency Alerts
June 23, 2016 (San Diego's East County) -- Cal Fire and the County Office of Emergency Services have released the following updates on new and contining road closures due to the Border Fire. Also, a large plume of smoke visible this afternoon is due largely to a backfire lit to protect communities.
Below is the latest info on road closures:
El Cajon – Buckman Springs Road is now open, however, an evacuation order is still in effect for the community of Lake Morena.
Continued Road Closures:
- Portrero Valley Rd at Portrero Valley
- Highway 94 just west of 25125 Highway 94
- Highway 94 west of Buckman Springs Rd
- Buckman Springs Rd at Lake Morena Dr
- Buckman Springs Rd at Cameron Extension
- Buckman Springs Rd at Oak Dr
New Road Closures:
- Buckman Springs Rd at Corral Rd
- Buckman Springs Rd at Martin Rd
Release of Road Closures:
- Buckman Springs Rd at Old Buckman Springs Rd
- Highway 94 at Forest Gate
Additional public information regarding the Border Fire can be obtained by calling 2-1-1. Can also follow the twitter account @calfiresandiego for continuous updates.