TICKETS NOW ON SALE!
Saturday, August 25th
6-10 p.m. (VIP reception at 5:30 p.m.)
Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center
One Father Junipero Serra Trail, San Diego
It’s the party of a decade!
East County Magazine invites you to join us at East County Fest, our 10th anniversary celebration! Proceeds benefit our East County Wildfire & Emergency Alerts and our award-winning community news reporting.
Festivities include: Foods, wines, cider and beer from top restaurants, wineries and breweries in East County, wonderful artists, artisans, authors, athletes, communitiy leaders, live music and entertainment, raffle, auction, stargazing, guest speakers, a look back at the last 10 years and forward to the future!
Tables and individual tickets are available, plus there’s a VIP reception. Buy a table or a VIP reception ticket and get our free “Best of East County” cookbook on a souvenir thumb drive as thanks, plus preferred parking, auction preview, gourmet goodies and more.
Our VIP party is catered by Bekker's Catering, known for their fabulous food for weddings and other special occasions, and sponsored by California Coast Credit Union. Our thanks to Bekker's for generously donating most of the delicious foods for the VIP reception.
Individual tickets: $65 ($60 for sustaining donors and dining club members) or for $20 extra add VIP reception ($85 total).
Tables: $480 ($60 a person) or $680 ($80 a person) with the VIP reception.
This event is for age 21 and up.
CLICK ARROWS BELOW TO VIEW AND CHOOSE ALL PRICE OPTIONS.
For all the delicious details, click "read more" and scroll down.
Restaurants & Wineries: Farmer’s Table, Red Lobster, Cucina Basilica, Giardino’s Neighborhood Cucina, Por Favor, Downtown Café, Café 67, Lemon Grove Bakery, Baron's Market, Richard's Honey, Happy Time Mediterranean, Maldina's Pizzeria, Brew Coffee Spot, Granite Lion Cellars, San Pasqual Winery, Campo Creek Vineyards, Casi Cielo Winery, Lenora Winery, Bivouac Cider Works, Second Chance Beer, & more!
Live music by award-winning fingerstyle guitarist/troubadour Jim Earp, guitarist Miles Moynier (jazz, classical, Flamenco and popular fingerstyle), Native Flute Circle, and dancers from Visionary Dance Theatre.
Live painting performance art by famed artist Chuck McPherson, winner of 100 juried art show (See story)
Hear from Richard Lederer, "Lederer on Language" columnist at the San Diego Union-Tribune and cofounder of “A Way With Words” broadcast on KPBS
Meet Bill Walton, superstar named among the top 50 NBA athletes of all time. (See story)
Auctions & Raffle prizes: NBA superstar Bill Walton autographed sports memorabilia (priceless!), Vineyard Hacienda vacation, Happy Hour in the Vineyard for 4 at Hatfield Creek Winery, wine baskets from Ramona Ranch Winery and Hatfield Creek Winery, author, columnist and radio host Richard Lederer to speak on language and/or give a poker lesson to your group (he taught poker to his daughter, a world poker champion) Gloria Chadwick wildlife art, Debbie Merrill wildlife photography, jewelry, signed sports memorabilia, San Diego Zoo passes, gift baskets from local shops, gift certificates from local restaurants, & more.
"Best of East County" visual presentation in the Mission Trails Theater
Watch the sunset and enjoy stargazing with telescopes provided by the San Diego Astronomy Association
Meet local artists, artisans, authors & VIPS.
Authors signing and selling their books, and also donating books for our raffle include:
- Richard Lederer has sold over a million copies of his 50 books on language, history, and humor, including his best-selling Anguished English series and his current books, The Joy of Names, The Gift of Age, A Tribute to Teachers, American Trivia, and Amazing Words. His “Lederer on Language” column runs in the San Diego Union-Tribune; he is also the founding co-host of "A Way With Words" broacast on KPBS public radio.
- Richard Carrico, wine maker, archaeologist, historian and author of books on wine making and Native American history including Of Wine on the Lees Well Refined: A History of Wine and Wineries in San Diego County and Strangers in a Stolen Land.
- Jim and Terri Varnell, San Diego Natural History Museum field guide to hikes: Coast to Cactus: The Canyoneer Trail Guide to San Diego Outdoors.
- Don Endicott, coauthor of 50 Best Short Hikes San Diego, written with the late great Jerry Schad.
- Reina Menasche, host of East County Magazine’s Bookshelf show on KNSJ radio, author of the powerful novels Silent Bird and Twice Begun.
- Bette Pegas, author of Chasing a Dream in the Galapagos: A Personal Evolution.
- Linda Hawley, author of the children’s book (Nature Adventures: A Guidebook of Nature Facts, Songs, and Hikes in San Diego County.
- Del Hood, former Daily Californian editor, author of History in the Headlines: Half a Century of the Most Notable Events in El Cajon Valley and the Surrounding Areas.
MEET YOUR LOCAL CITY QUEENS, OUR OFFICIAL GREETERS!
Miss La Mesa Kelli Loper
Miss Santee Laurene Vouaux
Miss Teen La Mesa Kennedy Dirkes
Miss Teen Santee Jordan Bockert
East County Magazine's award-winning news in the public interest & East County Wildfire & Emergency Alerts
Thanks to our major sponsor, SDG&E and our host, Mission Trails.
Thanks too, to our restaurants and winery sponsors for their generosity and support! We also appreciate Diego Party Bus for providing shuttle transportation for our event, and Bekker's Catering for providing delicious appetizers at our VIP party.
We appreciate early ticket buyers to help with our advance costs for this very special event! A VIP recption is avalable for $20 extra with any ticket purchase for the fest.
Get tickets: click here. You can pay by check, Paypal or credit card.
Share on social media!