East County News Service
March 30, 2017 (La Mesa) -- La Mesa Conversations is partnering with Circulate San Diego to host a panel discussion on the Future of Transportation on April 12 from 6-8 p.m. at La Mesa Wine Works, 8167 Center St, La Mesa.
The Future of Transportation Forum explores how technology, culture, and human behavior will change the way we travel from place to place in the San Diego region and beyond.
Each panelist will provide a perspective on active transportation, technology advances, ride share, and transportation planning.
After the presentations, a moderator will engage the panelists with questions from the audience to facilitate a public dialogue.
- Katie Crist (University of California San Diego), speaking on bicycles as part of the matrix of transportation options
- Angus Clark (HULA Car), speaking on trends in car share, ride share, and ride hailing
- Ray Traynor (SANDAG), speaking on the implications of autonomous and connected vehicles
- Dana Hook (CDM Smith), speaking on the future of transportation planning and infrastructure
- Kathleen Ferrier, Circulate San Diego’s Director of Advocacy, will serve as the moderator
Arrive at 5:30 if you would like to purchase a glass of wine before the event begins.