East County News Service
April 16, 2017 (San Diego’s East County) – Each year, the U.S. Department of Justice and Drug Enforcement Agency holds a prescription drug take-back day to encourage residents to turn in unused prescription drugs and avoid having them fall into the wrong hands. This year, the event will be held on April 29 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Locations in East County include:
- Walgreens Parking Lot 9305 Mission Gorge Rd., Santee
- Alpine Sheriff’s Station 2751 Alpine Blvd., Alpine
- El Cajon Police Department 100 Civic Center Way, El Cajon
- La Mesa Police Department 8085 University Ave., La Mesa
- SDSU – Parking Info Booth 6095 Canyon Crest Dr. via College Ave.
- Lemon Grove Sheriff’s Station 3240 Main Street, Lemon Grove
- Walgreens Parking Lot 9728 Winter Gardens Blvd., Lakeside
- Steele Canyon High School 12440 Campo Rd., Spring Valley
For other locations, visit www.DEA.gov.
For help with prescription drug abuse, call (877) 662-6384.