Take a fresh approach to your wedding ceremony and say “I do” in a park. From romantic country meadows to bayfront ocean views or rustic ranchos, San Diego County Parks and Recreation has a wide array of outdoor spaces for wedding ceremonies and receptions in every part of the county.
With venue fees starting at $105, County parks are not only a beautiful option, but a budget-friendly one, too! To tour event spaces or make reservations, contact Parks at (858) 565-3600.
Here are just a few of the scenic spaces to exchange vows. Find the complete list of venues online.
Heritage County Park: 2454 Heritage Park Row, San Diego, CA 92110
- Guest Capacity: 200
- Venue: Have your wedding go down in the history books! Get married at historic Heritage County Park in Old Town. The park features several restored Victorian homes nearby and San Diego County’s first synagogue, Temple Beth Israel, built in 1889. The iconic temple hosts a variety of events including non-denominational weddings.
San Dieguito County Park: 1628 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Del Mar, CA 92014
- Guest Capacity: 500
- Venue: San Dieguito County Park is cooled by ocean breezes in the afternoon, and surrounded by stately eucalyptus groves. A wrought iron Victorian gazebo is tucked into a private and scenic area of the lower park, fitting for a ceremony. San Dieguito is a particularly sweet setting for weddings with young guests. The park has playgrounds, sports fields and lots of space to run around and celebrate love.
Waterfront Park: 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92101
- Guest Capacity: 15,000
- Venue: Waterfront Park has swoon-worthy views of the San Diego Bay and city skyline. The park has several locations for a ceremony and numerous backdrops for your first photos as a married couple including the expansive 830-foot fountain which runs the length of the park, colorful public art installations, and strolling pathways through a native plant garden. Plan something small and intimate with close family and friends or extravagant with up to 15,000 guests!
Rancho Peñasquitos Adobe: 12122 Canyonside Park Drive, San Diego, CA 92129
- Guest Capacity: 120
- Venue: Located in the lush Los Peñasquitos Canyon County Preserve, the historic Rancho Peñasquitos Adobe offers a stunningly beautiful backdrop for a ceremony. Whether wearing elegant white heels or rugged cowboy boots, the adobe is a charming space for a rustic chic wedding. Plus, the preserve is a great place to set down roots—the rancho is the oldest standing residence in San Diego.
Felicita County Park: 742 Clarence Lane, Escondido, CA 92029
- Guest Capacity: 300
- Venue: Commit to a wedding at Felicita County Park. Secluded areas among the oaks offer dreamy opportunities for a memorable outdoor wedding. After the ceremony head over to the covered pavilion to start your happily-ever-after celebration. You’ll adore this park for its lush and large shade trees, spring-fed creeks, large grassy areas and rich Native American history.
Sweetwater Summit Regional Park: 3218 Summit Meadow Road, Bonita, CA 91902
- Guest Capacity: 150+
- Venue: You’ll fall head over heels in love with the sweeping views from Sweetwater Summit Regional Park. This south county park offers several locations to celebrate on your big day. Sweetwater Summit Regional Park has a 60-foot pavilion with, an amphitheater for ceremonies and a 2,000-square-foot community room with a sweeping view of Sweetwater Reservoir for receptions.
Flinn Springs County Park: 14787 Olde Hwy. 80, El Cajon, CA 92021
- Guest Capacity: 500
- Venue: Say your vows to the soothing sounds of water trickling through a stream or under a picturesque wedding gazebo. The venue is ADA accessible and features lighting for early evening weddings. In addition, it has a bridal changing suite which is perfect for getting ready for the big day.
El Monte County Park: 15805 El Monte Road, Lakeside, CA 92040
- Guest Capacity: 400
- Venue: Have your fairytale wedding at El Monte County Park, one of the oldest parks in the County system. Hold your ceremony under the iconic “wedding” tree braced by enchanting oak groves, or on an open space lawn beneath the magnificent rocky face of El Cajon Mountain. El Monte is a gem in East County.
Provence House: 4370 Sweetwater Road, Bonita, CA. 91902
- Guest Capacity: 130
- Venue: Built as a private home in the late 1940s, the Provence House is a lovely location perfect for weddings, receptions and other special occasions. Its covered and climate-controlled patio, with lots of natural light and fresh air, brings the outside in. You can also extend your event to the grassy lawn outside the building. Plus, the house has a full kitchen and two separate rooms that can be used as bridal changing rooms.
Why is Mt. Woodson not on here?
Biased because my brother used to work there and bring us food from there, but still.
Downtown's Courtyard Marriott