By Miriam Raftery
June 22,2012 (San Diego’s East County)-- Statewide leaders of the Planning & Conservation League (PCL)warned of “unprecedented attacks” in the Legislature on the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
The remarks came during an event honoring East County environmental champion Duncan McFetridge, president of Save Our Forest and Ranchlands and executive director of the Cleveland National Forest Foundation.
February 16, 2012 -- (San Diego’s East County) – ECM World Watch helps you be an informed citizen about important issues globally and nationally. As part of our commitment to reflecting all voices and views, we include links to a wide variety of news sources representing a broad spectrum of political, religious, and social views. Top world and U.S. headlines include:
- Israelis: Iran behind Bangkok bombings: coordinated attacks around the world (CNN)
- Israel warns US Jews: Iran could attack here (ABC)
- Heightened security in U.S. over Iran threat (ABC)
- Congressional negotiators reach tentative deal on payroll tax, unemployment benefits (Washington Post)
- Lobbyists sue Obama administration after being booted from boards (The Hill)
- Obama signs $63B FAA funding bill into law (The Hill)
- U.S. seeks to mine social media to predict future (UT San Diego)
- Alzheimer’s brain plaque ‘rapidly cleared’ in mice (BBC)
- How your cat is making you crazy (Atlantic)
Scroll down for excerpts and links to full stories.
2 LOCAL CONGRESSIONAL MEMBERS COAUTHOR BILL TO REQUIRE DISCLOSURE OF CORPORATE CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS
February 15, 2012 (Washington, D.C.) -- Two San Diego Congressional representatives, Susan Davis and Bob Filner, have taken steps to clean up the secret money plaguing our political system. Both Democrats have joined colleagues in cosponsoring the Disclose 2012 Act (H.R. 4010) to require disclosure of the corporate and special interest money in politics.