February 9, 2012 -- (San Diego’s East County) – ECM World Watch helps you be an informed citizen about important issues globally and nationally. As part of our commitment to reflecting all voices and views, we include links to a wide variety of news sources representing a broad spectrum of political, religious, and social views. Top world and U.S. headlines include:
- Group urges FTC action on Google privacy (USA Today)
- Dems fight back against GOP in contraception battle (CBS)
- Forgetting a key lesson of Watergate? (CNN)
- Child labor for Victoria’s Secret cotton examined by U.S. (Bloomberg Business)
- U.S. Brigadier General dies in Afghanistan (CNN)
- Santorum sweeps Minnesota, Missouri, Colorado (CNN)
- Mitt Romney wins overwhelming victory in Nevada caucuses (Washington Post)
- NATO vs. Syria (American Conservative)
- Syrians storm embassies after uprising's worst violence (Reuters)
- Activists: Syrian assault leaves 250 dead (NPR)
- U.N. vote on Syria fails (NPR)
- ‘Hezbollah will hit Israel if Syria attacked’ (Jerusaleum Post)
- Iran vows to hit any country that stages attack (San Diego UT)
- Thousands stranded by rising floodwaters in Australia (CNN)
- Blind doctor can see again (Jerusalem Post)
FORMER NIXON WHITE HOUSE LAWYER & AUTHOR TO SIGN BOOKS, OFFERS NEW REVELATIONS ON WATERGATE
By Miriam Raftery
July 29, 2009 (La Mesa)--John W. Dean, former White House Counsel to President Richard Nixon from 1970 to 1973 and the key government witness in the Watergate prosecution, will speak in La Mesa on Wednesday, August 5th. The author, columnist and political commentator will speak on the Bush administration's use of torture and will also sign copies of his books, including Worse Than Watergate, Conseratives Without a Conscience, and Blind Ambition: The End of the Story, a just-released update edition with startling new revelations on Watergate.
July 10, 2009 (La Mesa) – John Dean, the former White House lawyer under President Richard Nixon during the Watergate scandal, will speak August 5th at the La Mesa Community Center. The event, co-sponsored by the Eastlake--Bonita Democratic Club and La Mesa–Foothills Democratic Club, is free and open to all people.
Dean’s publisher will be issuing an updated version of Dean’s book about the Watergate scandal, “Blind Ambition: The End of the Story” on July 21. This new printing includes an afterword that will provide new revelations and details that answer the most persistent questions lingering since the original investigation.