By Sam DiGiovanna
June 10, 2012 (San Diego County)
- Listen to your portable radio for reports and evacuation information.
- Back your car into the garage or park it in an open space facing the direction of escape.
- Close garage windows and doors, but leave them unlocked.
- Confine pets to one room.
- Arrange temporary housing.
- When advised to evacuate, do so immediately.
- Wear protective clothing.
- Take your emergency kit.
- Lock your home.
- Follow the evacuation route that your local officials have identified.