June 9, 2012 (San Diego) -- Santana High School and the Kearny Mesa Juvenile Detention Facility have had tuberculosis (TB) exposures, San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) has reported.
- Radiation from Japan disaster found along California coast (ABC)
- If California taxpayers paid up, state’s deficit would disappear (Sacramento Bee)
- High-stakes vote nears in California water waters (KPBS)
- California deer population declines as habitat disappears (Sacramento Bee)
- La Mesa, El Cajon to get armored vehicle (San Diego Union-Tribune)
- Program to help chronically homeless showing results (San Diego Union-Tribune)
- Abandoned orchards must be monitored for pests (Sacramento Bee)
- 15-year-old Santana High School student injured in crash awakens from coma (Santee Patch)
- U.S. says beware of ads placed by drug smugglers (San Diego Union-Tribune)
- El Cajon City Council fills vacancy (San Diego Union-Tribune)
- La Mesa home prices trending up (La Mesa Today)
- Feds misled by SoCal Edison on San Onofre changes, group says (KPBS)
By Emma Cajthaml
December 3, 2011 (San Diego East County) -- Beginning December 6, the schools in the Grossmont Union High School District will be presenting their winter concerts. Each school has a different program, and has different features highlighted. Many schools will have band, choir, and orchestra performances. While individual schools will have dance, clubs, guitar, or performances unique to the school.
by Christopher Mohr
(Spring Valley) April 14 - In an exciting lacrosse match at Monte Vista High School, the host Monarchs prevailed with a 10-6 win over the Sultans of Santana High School. The game featured several momentum shifts and was on the verge of erupting into a fight before Monte Vista squelched a late comeback bid by Santana.
By Steve Haiman, Academic League Coordinator
February 9, 2010 (San Diego’s East County) -- Never mind about the Super Bowl last Sunday--the Grossmont Union High School District had its version of the the Super Bowl last week at West Hills High School.
by Christopher Mohr
January 24, 2010 (Santee) - You cannot fault Santana High School's Lady Sultans basketball team for a lack of effort in last Tuesday night's game against the visiting Granite Hills Eagles. They overcame a huge deficit and came close to pulling off what would have been a monumental upset. In the end, effort wasn't enough to defeat a highly talented Granite Hills team as the Eagles squelched any hope of an upset late in the game, escaping with a 53-41 win.
by Christopher Mohr
January 12, 2010 (Santee) - What started out as a competitive game between two rival schools from Santee soon became a rout as the host Wolfpack of West Hills High School surged past the Lady Sultans of Santana High School with a comfortable 54-31 win.
By Steve Haiman
Co-coordinator, GUHSD Academic League
December 9, 2009 (San Diego’s East County) -- The layoff for Thanksgiving did not slow up the four teams in week four’s featured match with the Santana “Sultans” hosting the Grossmont “Foothillers”.
In, fact all of the teams got right down to turkey…pardon the pun…from the very opening question right down to the last one. They were amazingly, evenly matched teams!
November 18, 2009 (Santee) -- On November 17, Santee traffic deputies, school resource officers, juvenile detectives and the COPPS Unit conducted a teen driver compliance detail. Special attention was given to drivers near schools. Drivers were stopped and cited for various traffic violations including use of cell phones, not wearing seat belts, violation of provisional license restrictions and equipment violations.
Within the first 90 minutes, 27 citations and 36 violations issued near Santana High School. During the lunch hour, 9 citations and 14 violations were issued near West Hills High School.