October 13, 2011 (San Diego’s East County)--ECM World Watch helps you be an informed citizen about important issues globally and nationally. As part of our commitment to reflecting all voices and views, we include links to a wide variety of news sources representing a broad spectrum of political, religious, and social views.
Top world and U.S. headlines include:
· Senate GOP votes to kill jobs bill (Washington Post)
· Obama’s $447 billion jobs plan blocked with 50-49 Senate vote (The Hill)
· Iranians charged in U.S. over assassination plot (Reuters)
· Editor admits to infiltrating DC protest to undermine Occupy movement (RawStory)
· Cain’s 9-9-9 tax plan under fire from both left and right (The Hill)
· Census: Housing bust worst since great depression (San Diego Union-Tribune)
· Coptic Christians in Egyt battle state’s version of deadly protest (Christian Science Monitor)
· Japan quake: Fukushima children undergo thyroid tests (BBC)
· Palestinians win a vote on bid to join Unesco (New York Times)
Click on "read more" to see links and stories.