2 INJURED IN JULIAN HOUSE FIRE

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version Share this

February 22, 2011 (Julian) – An explosion possibly caused by a faulty installation of a clothes dryer caused a fire reported at 6:32 p.m. at a home at 3208 Salton Vistas Drive in Julian.

“We had two injuries,” Cal-Fire Captain Mike Mohler informed ECM. “We had one male in his 60s with burns and one female also in her 60s with injuries from a collapse.”

 

Fire crews extricated the woman from debris and both victims were flown to UCSD Medical Center.The home sustained major damage and cannot be occupied, Mohler added. The investigation will be handled by the Sheriff’s bomb squad, due to the explosion.
 

If you are not yet signed up to receive FREE Viejas Wildfire & Emergency Alerts, plus a free weekly newsletter from East County Magazine with news and events in our region, sign up free at the top right side of our homepage.

 

You can also follow ViejasAlerts on Twitter to receive brief text message alerts.


Error message

Local news in the public interest is more important now than ever, during the COVID-19 crisis. Our reporters, as essential workers, are dedicated to keeping you informed, even though we’ve had to cancel fundraising events. Please give the gift of community journalism by donating at https://www.eastcountymedia.org/donate.