ALLAN OPTS NOT TO RUN

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version Share this

 

November 2, 2009 (La Mesa) Councilman David Allan called today to inform East County Magazine that after further reflection and conversations with friends and colleagues over the weekend, he has decided not to pursue plans to run for Supervisor. Allan had filed a notice of intent for candidacy last week, as ECM reported.

“My decision to file was due to my passion and commitment to fire protection,” he said, but added that the decision was “made in haste” and that he now believes his commitment to La Mesa should remain his number one responsibility.While notices of intent cannot be withdrawn once filed, Allan confirmed he does not intend to run for the seat currently held by Supervisor Dianne Jacob. 

Allan said he will continue to be a vocal proponent of improved fire protection funding and hopes to have cities join together to meet with County leaders towards that goal, rather than run as a "one-issue candidate" for Supervisor.  “Until the cities get involved, nothing is going to change,” he said. “I am committed to taking on the County on this issue."
 

Allen added that he also wants to fulfill his obligations as a newly-appointed member of the SafeCom Committee, a U.S. Homeland Security group formed of representatives from local, state, federal and tribal safety agencies to improve public safety response.
 

Comments

This is a familiar story

As I remember, Dave also changed his mind about running for City council last summer.
I wish he would do the thinking first, then decide which way to turn. His first decisions are not those of one who thinks in depth.