East County News Service
May 8, 2019 (El Cajon) -- You’re invited to join the City of El Cajon for its family-friendly (free!) community festival, America on Main Street on May 18 from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. in downtown El Cajon.
This year’s theme is “Out of this World” celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the 1969 lunar landing. America on Main Street fosters respect of the many diverse, ethnic, and historical groups in the community.
- Naturalization Ceremony at 1:30 p.m.
- A Tribute to Armed Forces Day - Military displays
- A Scavenger Hunt with a chance to win a Taylor Guitar and bicycles!
- Over 150 booths - Including food booths from around the world!
- Face-painting and balloon artists!
- Space & Science area
- First Responder Safety Zone
- Free carnival rides, games, inflatable, arts and crafts, and a reptile petting zoo!
- Three stages of live entertainment - featuring over 30 bands, community groups, and watch street performers!
- Light show at 8:45 p.m.
This event promises to be a day of fun and appreciation celebrating community. Festivities and street closures are located on East Main Street and Rea Avenue, between Magnolia Avenue and Ballantyne Street/Avocado Avenue.