June 17, 2012 (Julian) -- Taking its acclaimed walking food tour “over the hill and through the woods,” this June, Bite San Diego, the successful food walking tour, is adding to its already acclaimed San Diego Tours with Bite San Diego, Julian. The food tasting and cultural walking tour features a guided tasting tour through one of San Diego’s most historically rich towns for eats and treats.
With tours scheduled every Saturday and Sunday starting at 1:00 p.m., Bite San Diego – Julian will take up to 15 guests on a 3-hour, 1.5 mile tour of several notable restaurants.
“We’ve had our eye on Julian as the next spot for a tour route for a while now and are excited to give our guests a new area to explore and taste the local scene,” said Rebecca Bamberger, Founder of Bite San Diego. “Julian is one of San Diego’s ‘hidden gems’ with a rich history, quaint foodie and wine spots, and of course, some of the best apple pies on the planet!”
For Bite San Diego’s Julia tour, guests will be treated to:
* Blue Door Winery - Julian's newest winery store, owned by Marc and Cameron, with a straightforward, natural approach to winemaking
* Julian Candy Basket - Truly, you'll feel as happy as a kid in a candy store at this Julian candy emporium
* Candied Apple Pastry - "Impeccable to the Core" baked delights by Executive Pastry Chef Charles Scott
* Julian Tea and Cottage Arts - Elegant tea and tasty tea bites served in a charming turn-of-the-century home
* Bailey BBQ - Named after a Confederate vet who came west after the war, Bailey BBQ is Julian's hot spot for live music, rustic BBQ, and local beers
Each restaurant will offer a generous taste of a signature dish and/or beverage, and guests will be treated to an overview of the establishment’s highlights and cuisine. Tickets are $45 per person and booked in advance and online through Bite San Diego’s website.