BREAST CANCER WALK AT LAKE MURRAY OCTOBER 28

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version Share this

October 18, 2012 (La Mesa) – The Debbie Berton Walk to end breast cancer will be October 28 from noon to 2:30 p.m. at Lake Murray, 5540 Kiowa Drive, La Mesa.  The public is welcome to participate in this community event.

The walk is a relaxed 1.5 miles starting from the baseball fields at Lake Murray.  Admission is not required, but with a minimum $20 tax deductible advance donation a T-shirt is provided.  Two additional registration levels are also available.  Register online at www.TheDebbieBertonWalk.com by midnight October 25.  Walk-in registrations and donations are welcome the day of the event.

Attendees will be treated to free food, drinks, music and children’s activities.  Many prizes will be available at an opportunity drawing.  For just $1 enter to win a pink cruiser bike, pink guitar or emerald and sapphire pendants.  Plus many more prizes.

All Debbie Berton Walk donations go to Komen for the Cure San Diego which keeps 75 percent of every dollar raised in San Diego to help qualified uninsured women with mammograms, chemotherapy, biopsies, meal delivery, child care and more.  The other 25 percent goes to international research.


Error message

Local news in the public interest is more important now than ever, during the COVID-19 crisis. Our reporters, as essential workers, are dedicated to keeping you informed, even though we’ve had to cancel fundraising events. Please give the gift of community journalism by donating at https://www.eastcountymedia.org/donate.