East County News Service
June 2, 2016 (La Mesa) — The City of La Mesa introduced a new website yesterday to capture the “essence of the City and its dedication to promoting quality of life in the Jewel of the Hills,” according to the city’s press release.
The new website is a welcoming portal for residents and businesses to become engaged and aware of opportunities and events in their city.
“We encourage residents and business owners to explore the City of La Mesa’s new website,” said Mark Arapostathis, Mayor of the City of La Mesa. “The site is our latest step in introducing new pathways for people to engage in all that our City has to offer. It’s a milestone in our commitment to providing outstanding community service.”
The website, found at the new URL CityofLaMesa.us, features improved navigation, easy access to key information and a design that complements the overall identity of the City. In addition to engaging residents, the website will also support current and prospective business owners by promoting the Dine.Shop.Explore initiative. Residents and visitors are encouraged to discover all that La Mesa has to offer in its newly renovated Downtown Village and beyond.
Key features of the new website include:
- Agenda Center: This new module is a one-stop-shop for the public to view meeting agendas, minutes and videos for the City’s Council, Boards and Commissions
- Media Center: In addition to housing City Council meeting videos, there are a number of videos available highlighting City events, programs and public safety information
- Parks Story Map: This page features an interactive, descriptive map of City parks and facilities
- YourGov: This is an application that allows citizens to report and track a non-emergency concern or unsafe condition, via the web or mobile device app
- Building and Planning Fillable PDF forms: This site allows the public to easily find and complete forms
- Search Function: The new site features improved search engine optimization and response function
Beginning this week, the City will begin a Website Scavenger Hunt. Facebook users are encouraged to “like” our page and participate. A social media post will prompt users to find certain information on the new City website and post their answers to the Facebook post. A randomly selected winner will receive a gift bag valued at $45 to Dine.Shop.Explore in La Mesa.