East County News Service
November 7, 2019 (San Diego’s East County) – Due to elevated fire danger, Cleveland National Forest has issued additional fire restrictions in effect from October 30, 2019 through January 1, 2020 for emergency resource protection and public safety. These are in addition to elevated fire restrictions already put into effect due to other conditions including high temperatures and high winds.
The following are currently in effect:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or charcoal fire in all areas, including within developed campgrounds and designated fire rings
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, or within a developed recreation site
- Welding or operating an acetylene or other torch with an open flame
- Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun. Persons engaged in lawful hunting, or in pursuit of lawful game, are exempt from this prohibition
- Fireworks are never allowed on the Cleveland National Forest.
- Spark arresters are required for all off-highway vehicles, chainsaws, and other internal combustion equipment.
- No wood or charcoal fires are allowed except in identified developed campgrounds and developed picnic areas within designated fire rings.
Typically dry conditions in California and throughout the Cleveland, make it possible for fires to start at any time of the year. Residents and visitors are asked to be aware of wildfire conditions in their area and take appropriate prevention measures where necessary. For more information on fire restrictions, including changing conditions, campground status, or closures, please reference this page.
All of the following campgrounds will not be allowing campfires during this time. This includes charcoal, wood, propane or gas, and/or fires within a designated fire ring:
Descanso Ranger District
- Boulder Oaks Campground
- Burnt Rancheria Campground
- Cibbets Flats Campground
- Desert View Picnic Area
- El Prado Group Site
- Horse Heaven Group Site
- Laguna Campground
- Pioneer Mail Picnic Area
- Wooded Hill Group Site
- Crestline Group Site
- Fry Creek Campground
- Oak Grove Campground
- Observatory Campground
- Dripping Springs Campground
- Indian Flats Campground
- San Luis Rey Picnic Area
- Inaja Memorial Picnic Area
Trabuco Ranger District
- Blue Jay Campground
- El Cariso Campground
- Upper San Juan Campground
- Falcon Campground
- Wildomar Campground (Currently Closed)
- El Cariso North Picnic Area
- El Cariso South Picnic Area
- California Wildland Firefighters Memorial Site
For more information on how to stay safe during elevated fire restrictions, see this Elevated Fire Restrictions Infographic.