Yahoo and yippee too! It’s that time of year again to take your family out for some good, old-fashioned western fun, at the fourth annual Campo Lake Morena Annual Round up on May first.
Put on by the Mountain Empire Business Association, a group of businesses, community organizations, ranches and churches dedicated to promoting economic development and enhancing local quality of life, the group aims to "sustain and enhance the rural character of each community, enhance citizen involvement and establish a regional awareness that the Mountain Empire area is still 'Just Country.'"
The Annual Roundup is lively proof.
Among other skilled and entertaining events, there will be:
- Ranch Horse Challenge ($1000 added + Buckles);
- Ranch Branding ($1000 added +Buckles);
- Gymkhana for all ages (Speed Barrels, Speed Barrels II, Texas Barrels, Single Pole, Poles I, Poles II);
- Stick Horse Competition for children;
- Mutton Busting for children ages 4-8;
- Miss Roundup Pageant with categories for ages 5-18, dressed in western attire;
- Gunfighting at high noon;
- Petting Corral and Pony Rides;
- Antique Tractor Display; and
- Merchandise and Food Vendors galore!
Admission is $5, and under six years old is free. Gates open at 7:00 a.m., Opening Ceremonies will be held at 9:00 a.m. The Roundup will be held at the Eagles Wings Ranch, 1850 Lake Morena Drive, Campo CA 91906.
A map and direction to the event are here.