East County News Service
September 21, 2016 (Ramona) – Six Ramona and Poway businesses are sponsoring and hosting hand-painted wine barrels to preview the 4th annual Ramona Art and Wine Festival.
These unique wine barrels, painted by area artists, are now on display prior to being auctioned at the 4th annual Ramona Art and Wine Festival to be held at Begent Ranch, 18528 Highland Valley Road, Ramona, on Saturday, November 5, 2016, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tickets are available at http://ramonaartandwinefest.net, including an early bird discounted ticket until October 1 and a new entry-only price.
The colorful, unique barrels depict various mini-murals from Ramona-specific pastoral scenes to distinctive designs and offer a special piece of art to display at home or business.
Interested viewers can check out a one-of-a-kind barrel at the following Ramona and Poway businesses and can place a reserve bid without attending the Festival by calling Festival co-chair, Elaine Lyttleton at (760) 787-1102. A reserve bid means if no one bids higher at the live auction than your “reserve” amount, your credit card will be charged for the actual auction amount.
- Barrel sponsored by Chris Anderson REALTOR® will be displayed at Starbucks, 1315 Main St, Ramona, CA; artist Jackie Neal
- D’Carlos restaurant, 1347 Main St., Ramona, CA; artist Tracy Weinzapfel Studios
- Hatfield Creek Vineyards and Winery, 1625 Highway 78, Ramona, CA; artist Casey Buonaugurio
- Ramona Boll Weevil; 2548 Main St.; Ramona, CA; artist Lyn Feudner
- San Vicente Resort; 24157 San Vicente Road; Ramona CA; artist Pamela Wilder
- Walter Andersen Nursery; 12755 Danielson Ct.; Poway, CA; artist Lynette Bredow
About the 4th annual Ramona Art and Wine Festival
The proceeds from the Festival will benefit the Ramona H.E.A.R.T. Mural Project, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, with the mission to celebrate Ramona’s cultural heritage through an outdoor visual arts program.
General Admission Passport: $65 until Saturday, October 1, 2016; $77 after October 1, 2016. General Admission Passports include: handcrafted award-winning wine from 18 area wineries, small bites prepared by local chefs, artwork displays and sales by fine artists, including works created in oil, acrylic, glass, mixed media, pencil, jewelry, sculptures, silk painting, and watercolor media., a silent auction, a live auction of six wine barrels painted by local artists, and live music.
V.I.P. Passport: at $150. In addition to admission to the Festival from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and all items from the General Admission Passport, the V.I.P. Passport includes: a V.I.P. lounge area at event with water, refreshments & hostess; swag bag with special goodies; and a special winemakers’ dinner on Saturday, April 22, 2017.
A general admission ticket is available for $35 this year for those who want to view and purchase fine art, listen to music, and participate in live and silent auctions, without tasting wine or gourmet treats.
The 18 participating wineries include:
Altipiano Vineyard and Winery, Eagles Nest Winery & Cottage, Hacienda de las Rosas Winery, Hatfield Creek Vineyards & Winery, Hellanback Ranch & Vineyard, Highland Hills Vineyard & Winery, La Finquita Winery & Vineyard, Mahogany Mountain Vineyard & Winery, Milagro Farm Vineyards & Winery, Pamo Valley Winery, Poppaea Vineyard, Principe di Tricase Winery, Ramona Ranch Vineyard & Winery, Salerno Winery, Schwaesdall Winery, Turtle Rock Ridge Vineyard Winery, Vineyard Grant James, and Woof’n Rose Winery.
Participating artists include:
- Acrylic: Molly Jaeger-Begent, Linda Kelly, Jackie Neal (barrel only), Janice Reich, Pamela Wilder
- Acrylic and Oil: Casey Buonaugurio
- Fiber arts: Angela Simpson, Beryl Warnes
- Glass, jewelry, and/or metal work: Garry Cohen, Lyn Feudner, Helen Munroe, Barbara Nigro, Audrey Pounder, Terry Whyte, Nancy Wiley
- Mixed media: Bradley Begent, Marsha Cook, Janene Hanson, Elena Luellen, Gary Matthias, Dezerae Matthias, Mary Morgan, Charlene Pulsonetti, Liane Glasrud
- Mosaic: Michelle Irvine
- Oil: Ruth Barnett, David Van Gough, Darlene Katz, Ronald Lee Oliver
- Painter: Laurel Nelson
- Photography: Evelyn Goldschmidt, Samantha McBee
- Pottery/ceramic: Karen Fidel
- Pyrographer (wood burning): Mike Holder
- Variety: The Art Center—an Inclusive Community Art Center where the community and the artists are put into direct contact; art as a process is paramount
- Water color: Lynette Bredow, Lauren Chiara, Chuck McPherson
- Water color, mixed media, personalized, glassware: Tracy Weinzapfel Studios (barrel only)
Presenters and Sponsors of the Ramona Art and Wine Festival
The Ramona Art and Wine Festival is presented by four local Ramona organizations, including, the Ramona H.E.A.R.T. Mural Project, Inc. http://ramonamurals.com; the Ramona Valley Vineyard Association www.ramonavalleyvineyards.org, the Ramona Valley Wine Region Magazine www.ramonavalleywineregion.com and the Ramona Art Guild www.RamonaArtGuild.org.
Sponsors to date include:
- Champagne Sponsors: Begent Ranch; and Ramona Valley Vineyard Association
- Super Tuscan Sponsor: Ramona Valley Wine Region Magazine
- Cabernet Sauvignon Sponsor: A Vintage Industry, Kathie LePage
- Grenache Rosé Sponsors: Bank of Southern California, N.A.; C&C Sales and Marketing-Glass Tech, Christine Wingar; Joyce T Strand, Author; Sky Valley Network; and Tim Georgeson, Auctioneer.
- White Zinfandel Sponsor: Ramona Disposal; Lafitte Cork & Capsule, Napa, CA
Artists’ wine barrel donors include: Ramona Ranch Vineyard and Winery, Salerno Winery (2), Barrel Builders (Napa, Calif.), La Finquita Winery and Vineyard, Hacienda de las Rosas Winery
For additional information about the Festival see: http://ramonaartandwinefest.net
Or call: (760) 315-1579.