March 30, 2014 (San Diego's East County)--Friends of East County Arts, Inc. presents its 19th Annual Garden Tour on Saturday, April 26 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Six spectacular gardens will offer an amazing variety of settings and each garden is lovingly planned and cared for by its owner. Included in this year’s tour are:
- Recreated gardens of succulents and water-wise settings,
- Gardens of colorful plants, nature habitats, peaceful respites, unique “corners” and beautiful views,
- An African-themed explosion of colorful characters and drought-tolerant plants,
- The 2 Acre St. Madeleine Sophie’s Organic Garden with a large nursery selling many wonderful plants,
- “Applecrate” vendors will be at one location, offering delightful crafts and garden creations for purchase.
Friends of East County Arts, Inc. is a non-profit philanthropic organization volunteering time and energy to further development and growth of the performing and fine arts in the Greater East County. To date, Friends has contributed more than
$600,000.00 to art-based programs in the community. All monies collected from this event will benefit these programs.
Tickets for the 19th Annual Garden Tour are $15.00 in advance or $18.00 at any garden site the day of the tour. You may contact Christy Klock at 619 442-8515 for advanced tickets or check our website at www.friendsofecarts.org, where you can also browse beautiful pictures from last year’s tour.