July 25, 2009 (El Cajon)--The City of El Cajon is now accepting applications for the position of Paramedic/Firefighter. Deadline for the applications is August 7, 2009. Applications are being accepted for entry-level and lateral Paramedic/Firefighter.
Click to view additional details:
Paramedic/Firefighter Lateral/Entry Level
Salary Range $58,269 - $71,024
(Depending on experience with Lateral hires)
• Operates and may direct the operation of the Mobile Intensive Care Unit (MICU) ambulance.
• Performs advanced life support emergency medical care, which may include administering "IV's", coronary care and other related medical procedures.
• Adheres to approved radio protocol and practices as trained.
• Engages in firefighting duties, which include structural, residential, commercial, industrial, chemical, petroleum, vehicle and wild land fires.
• Engages in emergency responses.
• State of California Paramedic Certification and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification (Include copies with application) OR current enrollment and in the “field portion” of an accredited State of California Paramedic Certification program (include proof of enrollment and graduation date with application).
• County of San Diego Paramedic Accreditation is required at time of employment.
• One year experience as a paid full-time Firefighter in a suppression position OR completion of a Firefighter I Academy (include proof of attendance with application) is desirable.
• Possession of or ability to obtain, prior to employment, a valid Class C California driver's license with a safe driving record. Must obtain a Class B California driver's license prior to completion of two years of service.
Applications to the City of El Cajon should be made via the Human Resources Department, 200 Civic Center Way, El Cajon, CA 92020. For more infomration, call 619.441.1736 or visit the City's website at http://www.ci.el-cajon.ca.us.
Final Filing Deadline: Application and copies of certificates or proof of enrollment must be received in Human Resources by 5:00pm, August 7, 2009.