Photo: Kayla Douglas of Spring Valley landed this 5 lb. 4 oz Channel Catfish at Hermits Cove
July 1, 2015 (Lakeside) – The Lake Jennings Fish Report for July is out-with plenty of tips and news for fishing enthusiasts. The lake is open every day in July. Here are a few highlights:
· The lake is adding 1,000 pounds of trophy-sized catfish this week weighing up to 10 pounds.
· Trout have been biting from the T-dock and in deep waters at Halfmoon Cove, Shadow Cove and Sentry Cove.
· Bluegill are reported biting in Halfmoon Cove.
· Stable weather on the way is expected to improve bass fishing.
· You can rent boats or launch your own during night-fishing season (just bring a lantern).
· Soaking mackerel and chicken livers at night is working to catch catfish.
· Best trout lures are nightcrawlers, PowerBait, PowerWorms and Mini Jigs.
· Best bass lures are creature baits, drop-shot, crawdads and swim baits.
· Panfish love mealworms and nightcrawlers; you can catch them in the coves.
· A horseshow tournament will be held at the campground for registered campers; reserve space by July 11th at www.lakejennings.org.
Below are details on hours, camping, and contact information.
(619) 390-1623 Campground
(619) 443-2510 Bait and Tackle Shop
Lake Open Everyday in July
Lake [Fri & Sat] Gates Open: 6:00 a.m. –10:00 p.m.
Lake [Sunday to Thursday] Gates Open: 6:00 a.m. –7:30 p.m.
To learn more, visit