East County Wildfire & Emergency Alerts
January 9, 2018 (9:45 a.m.) There are multiple hazards to report this morning per the CHP on East County roadways, including:
- Lemoncrest in Lakeside is closed from Wintergarden Blvd. to Riverview due to flooding in the 12028 block.
- A high-wind advisory is in effect for I-8 east of Alpine and high-profile vehicles are not advised to travel here.
- Mapleview at Pine in Lakeside is also flooded.
- Debris is reported on I-8 west of the Sweetwater bridge in spring Valley.
- In Ramona, there is roadway flooding at Hanson Lane and Wilson
- A rockslide has been reported on Japatul Road with large boulders the size of deer; CHP is working to determine exact location of this slide called in.
- A boulder half the size of a tire is reported in the left lane of Arnold Way at Tavern Road in Alpine.
- A multi-car accident has occurred on I-8 west at Fletcher Parkway.
Sign up to receive free East County Wildfire & Emergency Alerts at the top right side of our homepage and you can also receive a free weekly newsletter with top news and events in East County. You can also follow EastCountyAlert on Twitter for brief text alerts on your mobile phone. We recommend all of the above since you don't know what form of communications will work best in a major regional emergency.