East County News Service
Photo: View from Lyons Peak, Jamul, courtesy UCSD HP Wren webcam
Update 3:30 p.m. -
- Mudslide across roadway: Highland Valley and Archie Moore roads, Ramona, CHP site reports
- Hellhole Canyon Preserve: Vegetation fire, North County, per scanner
- Lightning fire on hillside, Bancroft and Campo Rd. reported, scanner and CHP
June 30, 2015 (Lakeside) 2:40 p.m. - Thunder, lightning and heavy fires are sparking multiple emergency responses across East County. Here are highlights within the past hour:
- Flooding is reporting in Alpine at Tavern and East Willow Road exits.
- A fire was reported at 94 near Shockey Truck Trail.
- Fire crews have also been dispatched to Kitchen Creek near Cameron Truck Trail, per scanner traffic.
- An earlier fire on Highway 67 near Slaughterhouse Canyon is out, halted at about 3 acres.
- Power lines are down and a power pole reported leaning across the roadway at Dye Road in Ramona.
- SDG&E reports power outages in Eastlake/Otay are impacting 171 customers with restoration estimated at 6:30 p.m.
- A larger outage is affected 623 households in Dulzura, Potrero, Campo, Japatul Valley, Buckman Springs, And Morena Village areas with rsetoration estimated for 4:30 p.m.
Sign up to receive free East County Wildfire and Emergency Alerts at the top right side of our webpage. Alerts are available via e-mail and you can also receive our free weekly newsletter. In addition you can follow East County Alert on Twitter.com for text messages on your mobile device. We recommend all of these as you don't know which form of communications will work best in a major regional emergency.