East County News Service
March 24, 2019 (Anza-Borrego Desert) - Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is offering these tips for visitors coming to enjoy springtime wildflowers:
- Some areas are just coming into full bloom, and some areas are starting to dry out a bit. Current visitors are lucky enough to see the whole life cycle of some of our more popular flowers!
- The Visitor Center and Borrego Palm Canyon Trail are open every day, but when the parking lots are full, access is closed in order to prevent traffic jams. Visitors are then directed to the ABF State Park Store for information. When space becomes available, the roads into those two areas will be reopened.
- Please be patient with and kind to our park staff & volunteers, as well as the people here in our town. We're happy you're here, and we're doing our best to accommodate a large number of visitors.
- Take only photos, leave only footprints. All park resources are protected, so please don't pick the flowers or take anything home with you. We want everyone to be able to enjoy the flowers, and ensure there are seeds for future years!
- It is your responsibility to know park regulations. A few big ones include: dogs on leash are allowed on paved or dirt roads only; dogs are not allowed to be left alone in vehicles; no drones are allowed in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.