March 2, 2015 (San Diego’s East County) -- The Boys & Girls Clubs of East County invites you to the 49th Annual Children's Ball, Saturday, March 21 at 6:00pm at the Omni San Diego Hotel. Guests will enjoy the ambiance of our cocktail lounge complete with a combo, designer drinks, silent auction, grand drawing prizes and the ever famous seafood buffet. In addition admission includes; dinner, a live auction, dancing and an opportunity to meet some very special Club Members. This year, guests are invited to have a ball for the kids…with a fun and lively spring sports theme.
The Children’s Ball is sponsored by long-time BGCEC supporters and friends Conrad Prebys and Debbie Turner and the Viejas Band of Kumeyaay Indians. Along with 3 other annual events, the Ball enables the Clubs to meet the financial demands to provide programs and activities for the 3,000 plus children served annually at the organization’s five club sites.
As a former Club member, San Diego business owner and BGCEC Board Member John Eppstein acknowledges and appreciates the impact the Clubs had on his life; "I grew up in each of the clubhouses in the East County. As a kid, the Clubs gave me a place to go where everyone that worked there was a positive role model and taught me many of the values I have today. As an adult I am so fortunate to give back to the Clubs, with my personal experience I can honestly say that the Boys & Girls Clubs of East County make’s a huge impact on the lives of the kids they serve."
The Boys & Girls Clubs of East County Offer:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of East County have been developing, implementing, and providing activities to disadvantaged youth for 43 years. Operating five clubhouses in the communities of El Cajon, Lakeside, La Mesa and Santee, we provide afterschool and summer activities to more than 2,900 children ages 5-18 for $45 per year. Children come to the Clubs to enjoy safe, fun and structured after school programs provided by trained, professional staff.
Funds are raised through our four fundraising events as well as through the efforts of community organizations, and the efforts of our Board of Directors. Our Board is comprised of members of the East County community that have committed their volunteer efforts to meeting the $1.7 million dollar budget as well as raising awareness in the community about the Boys & Girls Clubs of East County.
Programs in 5 Core Areas:
- Character & Leadership, emphasizing interpersonal relationship-building, self –image and contribution to the community
- Education and Career Development, teaching basic educational disciplines and technology
- Health and Life Skills, encouraging goal setting and self –sufficiency
- The Arts, nurturing creativity, cultural awareness and appreciation for the arts
- Sports, Fitness and Recreation, developing physical and social skills, stress management and appreciation for the environment.
- Influence of positive role models
- Professional staff develops activities and interacts with children (20:1)
- Affordable to parents $45 per year (actual costs approximately $640 per year)
- No child is denied access for lack of ability to pay – scholarships are offered.