Budget decisions made by the San Diego Mayor and City Council over the next two months will directly impact neighborhoods and quality of life throughout the year starting July 1.
Local residents can have a say in those decisions. Collaborating with more than 30 local organizations of the Community Budget Alliance, the nonprofit Center on Policy Initiatives is offering a series of free events on understanding the budget process and effectively advocating for the services and infrastructure every neighborhood needs.
The online and in-person events are:
- 4/16 @ 7pm Budget 101 Webinar: General Overview (Online)
- 4/17 @ 7pm Budget 102 Webinar: Capital Improvement Projects (Online)
- 5/4 @ 9am Budget Teach-In and Advocacy Training (at Jacobs Center)
- 5/6 – 5/10 Week of Budget Hearings (San Diego City Hall)
- 5/22 @ 6pm Evening Budget Hearing (San Diego City Hall)
CPI is a San Diego nonprofit research and action institute dedicated to advancing economic equity for working people and diverse communities in the region.