January 24, 2019 (San Diego's East County) -- Our Health and Science Highlights provide cutting edge news that could impact your health and our future.
- The cause of Alzheimer’s could be coming from inside your mouth, study claims (Science Alert)
- New Medical Device May Eliminate Need for Some Knee Replacement Surgery ( (Healthline)
SCIENCE & TECH
- How do you bring wildlife back to the city? (BBC)
- How anonymous tweets helped ignite a national controversy over MAGA-hat teens (Washington Post
- Family says hacked Nest camera warned them of North Korean missile attack (Washington Post)
For excerpts and full stories, click “read more” and scroll down.
In recent years, a growing number of scientific studies have backed an alarming hypothesis: Alzheimer's disease isn't just a disease, it's an infection. …Now, scientists are saying they've got one of the most definitive leads yet for a bacterial culprit behind Alzheimer's, and it comes from a somewhat unexpected quarter: gum disease.
Surgeons say the Calypso device can help relieve pain for people with osteoarthritis in their inner knee region.
SCIENCE & TECH
Urban rewilding projects are tempting nature back into our cities, from creating city butterfly meadows to building unlikely homes for deadly birds of prey.
Twitter suspended one of the main accounts behind the viral video, raising more questions about the integrity of social media platforms.
The hack may have been the result of a compromised password.