East County News Service
June 14, 2017 (Warner Springs) – If you love eating chili, or have a hot chili recipe of your own, the “chili throwdown” contest at Hawkwatch Winery is the place to be on Saturday, July 1st from 5 to 8 p.m.
You don’t have to enter a chili to attend. Everyone will taste and score the chili entries.
Admission is $10, paid in advance, or free if you bring a chili entry. Price includes all the chili you can eat, plus a glass of wine and live music by Michael & G.
Prizes for first, second and third place chilis will be awarded.
Space is limited so RSVP by calling (951)326-4692. Be sure to state how many are in your party, and if you’re entering a chili in the competition.
For directions to Hawk Watch, visit https://hawkwatchwinery.com/.
Chili Entry Details
- You must RSVP that you are bringing a chili to enter the competition. Guests who bring a chili that did not RSVP (that they are bringing a chili) may not enter their chili in the competition. The number of chili competition entries is limited to 18.
- Please have your chili at the winery between 4:00-4:30 pm so we have time to get it heated.
- Chili can be of any style, and will be judged on its own merits. There is only one category: "CHILI"
- Awards will be given toward the end of the evening. There will be awards for First, Second and Third place.
- Chili must be brought to the event fully prepared. No cooking, only reheating.
- We will provide electricity for your crock pot (please bring a full size crock pot!).
- Feel free to bring your own special condiments that compliment your chili if you'd like
- You will need to bring your own serving utensils for your chili. We'll provide plastic spoons, bowls, napkins, etc. for our guests.
- Chili entries will remain anonymous. The only items to be disclosed will be the type of meat in the chili and if the chili contains nuts or any kind of known allergen.
- All chili entries must be self-serve for our guests. Contestants may not serve their own chili.