East County News Service
April 22, 2017 (Campo-Lake Morena) – The Campo Lake Morena Planning Group meets Monday, April 24th at 7 p.m. at the Mountain Empire Community Center (976 Seridan Rd., Campo).
The agenda includes a discussion about low-flying military helicopters over communities, a proposed change in state law regarding parks funding, and a review of applicants for a board vacancy. Applications are still being accepted.
Scroll down to view full agenda.
County of San Diego
Campo Lake Morena Planning Group
Mountain Empire Community Center, 976 Sheridan Road, Campo, CA
7 p.m., Monday, April 24, 2017
The public is encouraged to attend and participate in the meetings of the Campo Lake Morena Planning Group, which is the county-sponsored link between the community and San Diego County dealing with planning and land use. Members of the public will be given the opportunity to speak regarding any item on the agenda. In addition, during public discussion, members of the community will be given the opportunity to address other matters pertaining to land use issues in our area. No action or vote may be taken on items not on the agenda. The final agenda will be posted 72 hours prior to the meeting and may be found at the Campo branch of the U.S. Post Office, the Campo branch of the San Diego County Library and the Lake Morena Market bulletin board.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL: 1-Joe Carmody 4-Linda McCoy 7- vacant
2- Keven Owen 5-Rob Romero
3-Billie Jo Jannen 6-Steve Biddle
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: March 27, 2017
5. PUBLIC DISCUSSION: At this time, the public is invited to speak on any item that does not appear on the agenda. Public speakers will be limited to 2 minutes.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
- Captain Scott Mulvehill, Commanding Officer, Naval Base Coronado, will discuss air operations training program expansion and concerns about low-flying military helicopter maneuvers over backcountry communities. He will be accompanied by Wesley Bomyea, who has previously visited the planning group to speak to this topic. This is an ongoing issue of concern in heavily impacted neighborhoods.
7. OLD BUSINESS:
- Request from the Valley Center Community Planning Group to support changes to the Quimby Act – a state law that governs funding of parks. In a nutshell, Valley Center is pursuing a change in the law to let municipalities or pertinent districts use up to 20 percent of their park funds for maintenance. Currently, 100 percent of allotted funds are to be used for park construction. Discussion and vote.
- Review of applicants for Seat 7. Select an applicant to fill the seat for this four-year term. This vacancy was declared in November and is for a four-year term. Interested parties are invited to contact Chairman Billie Jo Jannen at (619) 415-6298 for an application and further information. Discussion and vote.
- Standing Subcommittee reports:
1. Groundwater, Rob Romero
2. Sewer and Septic, Joe Carmody
3. Community Economic Impacts, Steven Biddle
4. Traffic and Public Safety, Steven Biddle
8. CORRESPONDENCE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The Star Ranch vesting and landscape architecture maps have been updated and are available, both at meetings and by appointment with the CLMPG chairman. Staff has delayed release of the EIR until it can figure out what type of greenhouse gas analysis large projects should include. The ranch was offered for sale in an announcement sent out in late November. The proposed plan is still in play and is part of the property offering.
- April 28 Traffic Advisory Committee agenda. Nothing in our area. Sent to group.
- Update from George Barnett of Back Country Land Trust. Sent to group.
- Moving notice from Housing and Community Development. Third-year plan attached and includes several stretches of road in Campo. Sent to group.
- The Final Strategic Plan to Reduce Waste is available for review and is scheduled to be considered by the San Diego County Board of Supervisors at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 1600 Pacific Highway, Room 310, San Diego. View at http://sandiegocounty.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=f4d61ab62969eaa5aed316f
dd&id=70fa47afc2&e=24de5f5d1e. Sent to group.
- Back Country Revitalization meeting is scheduled for Wednesday May 31, at Mountain Empire Community Center, 976 Sheridan Road in Campo, from 2 to 4 p.m. Sent to group.
a. Please report any valid expenses for group approval.
10. UPDATES AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
11. REQUEST FOR AGENDA ITEMS FOR UPCOMING AGENDAS: All requests for placement of agenda items must be to the planning group chairman by the third Tuesday of each month.
Next regular meeting, May 22, 2017 at Mountain Empire Community Center. If you wish to appear on the agenda, please contact CLMPG Chairman Billie Jo Jannen, 28736 Highway 94, Unit 1, Campo, CA 91906, email@example.com or call 619-415-6298. Agendas are posted 72 hours prior to the meeting.