KITCHEN FIRE DAMAGES EL CAJON APARTMENT

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version Share this

 

August 18, 2013 (El Cajon) – At 11:51 p.m. Saturday night, Heartland Fire & Rescue crews in El Cajon, with assistance from Cal Fire, responded to reports of a fire in the 3-hundred block of Wisconsin Avenue. As fire crews arrived on scene, smoke was seen coming from apartment #3, at 314 Wisconsin Avenue. 

As fire crews gained access to the apartment, they found the fire was coming from the kitchen and had the fire out in less than five minutes.  Quick action by firefighters kept the fire from reaching other apartments.  No one was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.  Damage has been estimated at $5,000.  

Food left cooking on the stove was determined to be the cause of the fire.   The family of three did return home during the fire incident.  Due to the fire damage, they were displaced and are now staying with friends.


Error message

Local news in the public interest is more important now than ever, during the COVID-19 crisis. Our reporters, as essential workers, are dedicated to keeping you informed, even though we’ve had to cancel fundraising events. Please give the gift of community journalism by donating at https://www.eastcountymedia.org/donate.