By Miriam Raftery
July 18, 2017 (La Mesa) – Circulate San Diego has announced that Colin Parent will serve as the organization’s interim executive director, filling the void left by departure of former executive director Jim Stone, who is joining the Elementary Institute of Science.. Parent also serves as an elected member of the La Mesa City Council.
Circulate San Diego is a nonprofit organization that works to promote public transportation, active transportation (walking and bicycling), and accommodate sustainable growth.
Recent accomplishments of the organization include:
- The City of San Diego adopted a Vision Zero strategy to end traffic fatalities
- We have advised nearly every City in the region on transportation policy and planning
- We succeeded in our campaign to get the Metropolitan Transportation System to adopt Stored Value for the Compass Card
- Circulate San Diego has trained thousands of school children on bicycle and pedestrian safety
- Our advocacy efforts have helped spur policy for affordable development near transit
- Developed the Regional Walk Scorecard that rates how well San Diego County’s 18 cities are improving walkability