Earn an A+ in sustainability this school year with tips from Waste Management
Source: Waste Management
August 7, 2018 (San Diego) - As millions prepare to head back to school, Waste Management of Southern California is offering parents, students and educators practical tips to make this school year more sustainable by reducing, reusing and recycling right, in and out of the classroom.
“Back to school season is the perfect time to incorporate eco-friendly practices into our daily routine that can have a lasting positive impact on the environment,” said Eloisa Orozco, spokesperson for Waste Management of Southern California. “By committing to reduce, reuse and recycle right, we can all do our part to make this school year the greenest ever.”
Go green this school year with these tips from Waste Management:
- Ditch those disposable bags and pack lunches in reusable containers to reduce waste.
- Make the grade by purchasing school supplies made from recycled materials to help keep the cycle of recycle going.
- As you make room in the closet for all the latest back to school fashions, consider donating unused items to a local charity to help others and promote the reuse of materials.
- Upgrading to the latest computer, tablet or phone? Recycle your old device properly or consider donating it to a local non-profit. Electronics require special handling and should never be placed in the trash or recycling.
- Place clearly marked recycling containers in common areas at school, home and work to encourage recycling.
- Learn and teach others the three basic rules of recycling both in and outside the classroom:
1) Recycle bottles, cans and paper
2) Keep food and liquids out of the recycling
3) Keep plastic bags out of the recycling
Become the ultimate recycling ambassador this school year with resources from Waste Management. Visit rorr.com.
ABOUT WASTE MANAGEMENT
Waste Management, based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company’s customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America. To learn more information about Waste Management visit www.wm.com or www.thinkgreen.com.