Public Service Announcement: San Diego County
March 13, 2014 (San Diego)--The County of San Diego needs your help in identifying potential storm water quality improvement projects. Recently adopted regulations require that the County identify and pursue a variety of on-the-ground projects to improve regional storm water quality. The first step in this process is to assess and locate potential projects that could be implemented.
Project types that may be considered include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following categories:
- Stream or riparian area rehabilitation
- Retrofitting existing infrastructure (Green Streets, Low Impact Development, Treatment);
- Regional BMP’s (best management practices for stormwater treatment basins);
- Groundwater recharge projects (infiltration basins);
- Water supply augmentation projects (large cisterns); and
- Land purchases to preserve floodplain functions.
Project suggestions will be accepted until March 28, 2014. Scroll down for details.
Go to www.projectcleanwater.org for more information. Anyone wishing to provide input should visit http://www.rickengineering.com/sdcwmaa and use the online interactive mapping tool or printable form to submit your candidate project. Your submission could be the next great idea to improve our water quality.
Thank you for your participation in this effort.