February 9, 2012 (Santee) – The Randy Jones “5K For Independence” walk and fun run will be held on February 18 at Santee Lakes. The event benefits Home of the Guiding Hands, which assists developmentally disabled adults and which has been hard-hit by state budget cuts.
Participants are invited to stay at Santee Lakes for a day of family fun, picnic lunch, beer garden, and awards ceremony.
You are welcome to enjoy the day by bringing your chairs and blankets while getting to know other HGH supporters and community members.
Event Information: Click Here for the Brochure!
- Course starts and finishes at Santee Lakes
- Registration & Event Headquarters: North of Lake 5
- 11:00 am start
- Handicap accessible 5K course (3K route is available as well)
- All participants receive a quality event t-shirt, goody bag, and warm picnic lunch
- Wheelchairs and strollers welcomed (sorry, no pets allowed)
- Medals presented to top three finishers in each age grou
- FREE Beer Garden hosted by Manzanita Brewing Company
6:00 am Park Opens
9:30 am – 10:30 am Check-in/Registration
11:00 am Start
12:30 pm Awards & Sponsor Presentation
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Lunch, Free Beer Garden, Vendor Booths, & Family Fun
Will you consider partnering with us as we take strides towards independence – knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of more than 800 of your neighbors?
Click here to view sponsorship opportunities.
2012 Event Sponsors & Supporters
Grossmont Healthcare District
The Bill & Norma Verbeck Foundation
Barona Resort & Casino
The Arc of San Diego
The Heramb Charitable Foundation
Mr. William J. Pollacek
Mr. & Mrs. Jack Coppes
Borrego Springs Bank
Road Runner Sports
Manzanita Brewing Company
Cool Cycles Ice Cream Company
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Mr. & Mrs. Stephen Doyle
Mr. Charles Nares & Ms. Sally McPherson
Ms. Anna Parra
Ms. Anna Morales
Ms. Chong Suk Yim
Ms. Faye Stone
Mr. & Mrs. James O'Grady
Mr. & Mrs. Gregory Edmonds