East County News Service
Photo: El Capitan Reservoir in Lakeside is among the lakes impacted.
July 11, 2019 (San Diego) – As part of a budget reduction of 3 percent citywide, each of the City of San Diego’s reservoirs including several lakes in East County will be closed an additional weekday each month beginning July 1, 2019. The additional days each month that reservoirs will be closed are as follows:
- Barrett – Closed the first Wednesday of each month.
- El Capitan – Closed the first Friday of each month.
- Hodges – Closed the third Wednesday of each month.
- Miramar – Closed the first Tuesday of each month.
- Murray – Closed the second Tuesday of each month.
- Otay, Lower and Upper – Closed the second Wednesday of each month.
- San Vicente – Closed the second Friday of each month.
- Sutherland – Closed the third Friday of each month.
The City provides recreational access to all the City's reservoirs for a variety of traditional outdoor activities including fishing, boating, hiking, picnicking, waterfowl hunting and more. In addition, the City offers a popular water contact program with seasonal access for water-skiing, jet skiing and windsurfing.
For full schedules of each reservoir, please visit the website at https://www.sandiego.gov/reservoirs-lakes.