March 6, 2012 (San Diego)--Women from all over San Diego County will rally in front of the US Federal Courthouse, 940 Front Street in San Diego on Thursday, March 8 from 12-1 p.m. to support women's rights to contraception on International Women's Day.
- US Rep. Darrell Issa convenes a hearing about contraception with five men on the panel, and women denied the right to speak.
- Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum touts the "dangers" of contraceptives and that sex is "only for purposes of procreation."
- Foster Friess, main donor to a super PAC for Rick Santorum, suggests women use aspirin as a contraception method between their knees.
- Rush Limbaugh, on a national radio show, calls a young woman a slut and prostitute because she speaks out in favor of birth control.
- Blunt Amendment narrowly fails in the Senate which would have overridden the Obama Administration's new contraception coverage rule and allowed any employer to refuse to cover any kind of health care service by citing "moral reasons."