October 1, 2014 (San Diego) – Santa Ana Winds are set to sweep into the area, and CAL FIRE is boosting preparations.
“On behalf of CAL FIRE San Diego Unit and County Fire Chief Tony Mecham, I would like to advise you on some of the preparations that are being made in anticipation of the hot dry weather and Santa Ana winds that will be occurring over the next few days,” says Fire Captain and Public Information Officer Kendal E. Bortisser. Those preparations include:
* An additional Air Tanker will be available at Ramona, in addition to the two assigned for a total of three
* Five San Diego County Fire Authority Water Tenders will be covered 24/7
* Emergency Command and Control Center staffed with additional personnel
* All CAL FIRE Reserve Apparatus covered 24/7
* All CAL FIRE Bulldozers covered 24/7
* Additional Battalion Chief Coverage throughout the County
How about these assets?