1970-2010: Forty Years of Community Activism, Scholarly Excellence and International Programming
March 4, 2010 (San Diego) – March is women's history month. However, the women’s studies department at San Diego State University plans a year-long celebration to commemorate its 40th anniversary.
Upcoming events include:
• “Documentary Filmmaking: The Shape of Water” - International Women’s Day, March 8, 5-7pm Storm Hall 351
• Still Brave: The Evolution of Black Women's Studies with Frances Smith Foster and Stanlie M. James. March 24, 1-3pm SH 351
• “Bodies out of Bounds: The Fat Studies Reader” with Esther Rothblum, Sondra Solovay & Bianca Wilson. April 7, 1-3pm, SH 351
Symposium: “Feminist Crossroads: Holistic Health and the Humanities”
• Thursday April 29 — Scholarship awards with lecture by Loretta Ross of SisterSong 7pm, Casa Real
• Friday, April 30 — Symposium — All Day, Scripps Cottage
• Saturday, May 1— Reproductive justice workshop — All day, in West Commons 230
Celebratory weekend October 1-2, 2010
Dinner Location: Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center — Details TBA
Also to be featured throughout the year: exhibits in Love Library and at San Diego’s Women’s History Museum beginning summer 2010; theatrical performances and a special publication of personal narratives.
For more information, visit: http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/dept/wsweb/