December 15, 2010 (San Diego)-- The FBI today announced the arrest of Sammy William Thomas, 27. Thomas was taken into custody on December 8 by Agents and Officers from the FBI, San Diego Police Department, El Cajon Police Department and the California Department of Corrections.
He is charged with nine bank robberies, including several banks in East County.
Thomas was arrested in the vicinity of the 1400 block of Hotel Circle North, San Diego, and booked into the San Diego County Jail on charges of robbing the following banks:
1) US Bank, 2910 Jamacha Road, El Cajon, on August 31, 2010.
2) US Bank, 3681 Avocado Boulevard, La Mesa, on September 7, 2010.
3) Bank of America, 4420 Bonita Road, Chula Vista, on September 7, 2010.
4) Citibank, 5604 Mission Center Road, San Diego, on September 27, 2010.
5) Wells Fargo Bank, 6670 Montezuma Road, San Diego, on October 15, 2010.
6) Bank of America, 6501 Mission Gorge Road, San Diego, on October 15, 2010.
7) Wells Fargo Bank, 5624 Mission Center Drive, San Diego, on November 2, 2010.
8) US Bank, 1608 Broadway, El Cajon, on November 18, 2010.
9) Chase Bank, 4723 Clairemont Drive, San Diego, on December 2, 2010.
The San Diego District Attorney’s Office is handling the prosecution of Thomas. Investigating agencies included the Chula Vista Police Department, the La Mesa Police Department, San Diego Police Department, the San Diego Sheriff’s Department, and the California Department of Corrections.
Thomas is currently being held at the George Bailey Detention Facility, 446 Alta Road, Suite 5300, San Diego, California.