Several San Diego icons strut the catwalk for charity on August 18, 2012
August 11, 2012 (San Diego) -- St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center (SMSC) announced the lineup of celebrity models for its 35th Annual Haute With Heart Fashion Show today. On August 18, 2012 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel, San Diego icons including local news anchors, radio DJ’s and even a World Series winning baseball player will strut their stuff in the 35th Annual Haute With Heart Fashion Show. All proceeds from the fashion show, themed Let the Sunshine In, will benefit SMSC’s programs for nearly 400 adults with developmental disabilities.
With an expected attendance of 700, the 2012 Haute With Heart fashion show will feature a brand new location with plenty of parking, local designers and boutique vendors, a live and silent auction, and complimentary champagne. In addition to the celebrity models, modeling on the runway will be St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center’s students and professional models.
“I'm so excited to walk the catwalk in St. Madeline's Sophie Center's Fashion Show,” said Alexis DelChiaro, Good Morning San Diego News Anchor. “It's one of San Diego's greatest organizations and I hope we can raise a ton of money and more importantly, awareness for such a great cause."
With more than 400 tickets already sold, it’s recommended guests purchase their tickets soon. VIP tickets this year include valet parking and premium seating. For ticket information, contact Kellye Buchanan at email@example.com or at (619) 442-5129 ext. 332.
Haute With Heart sponsors include Viejas, Barona Resort and Casino, Sycuan Casino, La Jolla Light, Hilton San Diego Bayfront and St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center Auxiliary.
For more information about the 35th annual Haute With Heart Fashion Show, visit www.hautewithheart.org.
Meet the 35th Annual Haute with Heart Fashion show celebrity models:
- Kurt Anthony Bevacqua - (former Major League Baseball Player) Bevacqua’s final appearance was in 1985 with the San Diego Padres. He hit what proved to be the game-winning home run in Game 2 of the 1984 World Series.
- Alexis DelChiaro - (News Anchor with KUSI, Good Morning San Diego) DelChiaro joined the KUSI News team in October 2010. She enjoys running, doing yoga and spending time with her family and friends.
- Delana Bennett - (Morning DJ from Star 94.1) Bennett received her first offer to be on a morning radio station when she was 20, and has loved doing it ever since. Delana has now been in San Diego for 12 years.
- Ruben Galvan – (Morning Feature Reporter with San Diego 6 News in the Morning) Galvan joined San Diego 6 News in February 2003. Hewas also named top among the "50 People to Watch" in 2009 by San Diego Magazine.
- Susan DeVincent – (DJ from KyXy 96.5) DeVincent is a host on KyXy’s afternoon radio show, the “KyXy Afternoon Ride.” She joined KyXy in 2001 and has 13 years of prior radio hosting experience with Smooth Jazz 98.1.
What: 35th annual Haute With Heart Fashion Show Fundraiser, produced by Leonard Simpson, benefitting St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center programs
When: Saturday, August 18, 2012
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Where: Hilton San Diego Bayfront
1 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
Cost: VIP Runway seating: $185 (seating limited)
Standard seating, $90