By Miriam Raftery
Savor stargazing, a nature scavenger hunt, community bonfire and the bounties of nature—or cozy up to watch football in the clubhouse
November 11, 2010 (Boulevard, California) -- Sacred Rocks Reserve owners Dimitri and Sharon Courmousis invite you to celebrate at their annual Thanksgiving Family Potluck Feast. “Thanksgiving is all about family and being grateful for the simple, good things in your life,” says Sharon Courmousis. “There’s no better place to connect with family than in nature, where there are few distractions.”
Thanksgiving weekend is a great time to experience cold weather camping, adds Courmousis, noting that many people enjoy because of the opportunity to experience seasonal weather. “It’s a good excuse to get cozy by the campfire with a big mug of hot cocoa.”
Family activities available over the Thanksgiving Holiday include:
• Labyrinth Gratitude Walk at 9:00 AM Thursday 26 November 2009. Meet at the labyrinth and bring the family
• Nature Scavenger Hunt for adults and children (rated moderate to difficult) with a prize for the winner
• Sacred Rocks Walking Group: 9:00 AM Friday, Saturday & Sunday 27-29 November. Meet at the front office, 30-90 minutes around the Reserve (rated easy to moderate)
• Watch football games on the clubhouse TV
• Cold weather camping
• Community bonfire in the evenings
• Thanksgiving potluck feast at 4 p.m.
Additional activities nearby include:
• Soak in the Mineral Hot Springs at Jacumba Hot Spa
• Visit the Motor Transport Museum in Campo
• See the Train Museum and take a ride at the Pacific Railway Train Museum
• Tour the Desert Towers lookout and see the rock carvings at InKoPah
You bring a side dish, beverages, plates and utensils and let Sharon and Dimitri cook up turkey and ham. Step out of the norm and back into nature at this spectacular natural preserve, RV park and campground in rural Boulevard.
Special camping rates for RV camping and tent camping this weekend only: Camp Wednesday - Saturday night for only $99 total. Day visitors are also welcome for the Thanksgiving Day Potluck and other activities.