THIRD ANNUAL HOLIDAY ENTERTAINMENT SERIES FOR TROLLEY RIDERS STARTS DEC. 14

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version Share this

Councilman Anthony Young Spearheads 13 Mini-Concerts at select Orange Line Trolley Stations in December and January

December 14, 2009 (San Diego)--The Orange Line’s third annual Holiday Entertainment Series starts today at the 62nd Street/Encanto Trolley Station. Rodney Hutsona, a jazz vocalist will kick off the series which will feature performers from the Southeast San Diego area.

The holiday music tradition is spearheaded by San Diego Councilman and MTS Board Member Anthony Young, with support from the Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation, Coca-Cola, and MTS. This is Councilman Young’s third year to offer the holiday music series.

“I hope this music will make this holiday season more enjoyable for the community. “ Councilman Young said. “Last year the music put a lot of smiles on the faces of many bus and trolley riders as they arrived to go to work or when they returned home.”

Funding from Councilman Young was made possible through the City of San Diego’s Commission for Arts and Culture.

“The music is a holiday treat for riders and will make their morning or afternoon commute that more enjoyable,” said MTS CEO Paul Jablonski.

The schedule alternates between morning and afternoon performances at either the Euclid Avenue and 62nd Street Trolley Stations:

PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE

Mon. Dec. 14 Rodney Hutsona, jazz vocalist,  6:30– 8:30 a.m. , 62nd St. Station

Lincoln String Ensemble 4:30 – 6:30 p.m., Euclid Avenue Station

Wed. Dec. 16 Deborah Terrell, gospel artist 6:30 –8:30 a.m., Euclid Ave. Station
                                                                  4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., 62nd St. Station

Tues., Dec. 22, Reggie Smith’s Pressed 4 Time, Jazz Saxophone  6:30–8:30 a.m., Euclid Ave. Station

4:30-6:30 p.m. 62nd St. Station

Thurs. Dec. 24, Lanee Battle, jazz vocalist, 6:30 – 8:30 a.m., Euclid Ave. Station

Mon. Dec. 28, Lanee Battle, jazz vocalist, 6:30-8:30 a.m., 62nd St.. Station

Prince Habib, jazz vocalist, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Euclid Ave. Station

Wed., Dec. 30, Prince Habib, jazz vocalist, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Euclid Ave. Station

Mon. Jan. 4, TBA, 6:30–8:30 a.m., 62nd St. Station

The San Diego Metropolitan Transit System transports millions of San Diegans every year with over 95 bus routes and 53 miles of rail. For further information on fares, routes, and schedules, or to plan a trip, visit www.sdmts.com or contact 511.

Error message

Local news in the public interest is more important now than ever, during the COVID-19 crisis. Our reporters, as essential workers, are dedicated to keeping you informed, even though we’ve had to cancel fundraising events. Please give the gift of community journalism by donating at https://www.eastcountymedia.org/donate.

Comments

EXTREMELY UPSET ABOUT LOUD MUSIC FROM 5AM FROM THIS!!!

VERY loud music and talking from 5am. It got louder at 6.30am. I live up the hill on 63rd and I could hear it. I am a young, pregnant woman with a cold, on vacation so this has really upset me. Why not start at a decent hour like 10am or 5pm????? This is extremely rude. I called the cops but it hasnt lowered & now found this article, so had to comment. Its RIDICULOUS for them to start that early!!!! Shame on you >:(

I must say i enjoyed this

I must say i enjoyed this kind of post, if I have your permission am able to duplicate this post to my personal website and share it with other people as well. Naturally I am going to give the original credits to you only.
GPS Intelligence

Thanks a lot for posting this

Thanks a lot for posting this one here. It's the first time when I spotted the article like that in some website that I didn't know before. The article is very well written and the main idea behind it is also explained very well. cuff links

It is good to know that we

It is good to know that we have these solar lights to beautify our houses. The great fact is, it is very cheap and affordable! Other than that, knowing that there's no need for a plug for it to operate, safety is still present. I'll shop for those solar lights immediately, for sure! Whirlpool GX5FHDXVY