September 22, 2018 (San Diego) - On Saturday, Caltrans construction crews will close eastbound State Route 94 (SR-94) connector to southbound State Route 125 (SR-125) from 3 a.m. to 8 p.m. for pavement repair.
Detour signs will direct motorists to continue on eastbound SR-94 to Campo Road, turn left to Spring Street, turn right onto Spring Street to southbound SR-125.
Caltrans construction crews will also close all lanes of westbound State Route 52 (SR-52) between State Route 163 (SR-163) and Interstate 805 (I-805) Saturday from 8 p.m. to Sunday at 2 p.m. to repair pavement dips.
The connector ramps from northbound and southbound Interstate 15 (I-15) and SR-163 and the Kearny Villa Road on-ramp to westbound SR-52 will also be closed.
Detours for westbound SR-52 are:
- From northbound SR-163: take northbound I-805 to westbound SR-52.
- From southbound SR-163: continue southbound on SR-163 to northbound Interstate 5 (I-5) to SR-52.
- From northbound I-15: exit onto westbound Balboa Avenue to northbound I-805 to westbound SR-52.
- From southbound I-15: continue southbound on I-15 to westbound Interstate 8 (I-8) to northbound I-805 to westbound SR-52.
On Sunday, crews building the Mid Coast Trolley line, a joint project with SANDAG, MTS and Caltrans, will close the north and southbound lanes of I-5 to remove falsework from beneath the Gilman Drive Bridge from 9:30 p.m. to 5 the next morning.
Southbound I-5 will be closed, from the I-5/I-805 split to La Jolla Village Drive:
- Southbound motorists will be detoured via I-805.
Northbound I-5 will be closed, from La Jolla Village Drive to Voigt Drive:
- Northbound motorists will be detoured to I-8, SR-52 and the La Jolla Village Drive ramps.
Traffic controls and detour signs will be placed to alert motorists in advance.
Caltrans reminds drivers to ‘Be Work Zone Alert’ by avoiding distracted driving, paying constant attention to traffic, and slowing down when approaching work zones.
Caltrans District 11 serves one of the most geographically and culturally diverse areas in the country and includes San Diego and Imperial counties. It spans the entire California-Mexico Border from the Pacific coast to Arizona and reaches north from the international border to Orange and Riverside counties. For more information on state transportation in San Diego and Imperial counties, visit http://www.dot.ca.gov/d11/.