You’re invited to join East County Magazine in rooftop revelry at our “Party in Paradise” on Saturday evening, September 25th where we will also present Community Champions Awards to honor outstanding community members. View list of finalists for the awards. https://www.eastcountymagazine.org/east-county-magazine-announces-finali...
The event will be held atop the beautiful new, outdoor rooftop shaded deck atop the Jamul Casino, with panoramic 360-degree views! Enjoy a VIP cocktail reception, tropical dinner, live music by Slack Key Ohana, dancing, auction, raffle, and fun galore.
Proceeds benefit East County Media, supporting East County Magazine, East County Wildfire & Emergency Alerts, and our Community Champions Awards.
To reserve tickets at earlybird rates, click below:
- Click the button below to view seating options and purchase your individual ticket(s) or a full table for 10. (Or you can mail a check to East County Media, attention Miriam Raftery, 4438 Hideaway Place, La Mesa, CA 91941
- Send names of everyone in your party so that we can reserve your seats together. Put RSVP Sept. 25 in the subject line and email firstname.lastname@example.org, or include with check, if mailing payment, and include choice of entree (teriyaki beef, pineapple chicken, or vegetarian ratatouille)
Note: We are still honoring earlybird rates of $60 a ticket:
Tickets purchased b Sept. 12 cost $60 ($55 for sustaining monthly donors and dining club members) or $550 for a table for 10.
After Sept. 12, tickets will go up to $70 apiece, or $ 650 for a table for 10, so please make your plans early to save.
Important: We must give final head count to caterer two weeks prior to event!
For this event, guests should show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test, to protect the safety of all guests and staff.
Don your tropical attire (optional) to mix and mingle, meet the media and local VIPs, savor delicious food and drinks, enjoy live music watch the sunset and the stars come out!
The festivities include:
- 5:30 p.m. VIP cocktail party with complimentary appetizers and cash bar
- 6:30 p.m. Tropical-themed dinner prepared by Jamul Casino's Hawaiian chef plus complimentary wines from Vineyard Grant James and San Pasqual Winery
- Community Champions awards for outstanding achievements in healthcare, public safety, environmental protection, racial justice and humanitarianism.
- Silent auction and raffle with fabulous prizes worth thousands of dollars
- Live music by Slack Key Ohana
- Dance floor to dance the night away under the stars
The no-host cocktail party (cocktails and tropical drinks) includescomplimentary appetizers - garden vegetables with dips, seasonal fresh fruits and berries with honey yogurt sauce, cheese, fuit preserves, toasted nuts, crackers, flatbreads and dried fruits. Dinner includes choice of teriyaki sirloin steak with soy demi/grilled mushrooms and onions, grilled free-range chicken breast with huli-huli sauce and girlled pineapple, or vegetarian ratatouille with roasted butternut squash; sides include salad with mangos and citrus vinaigrette, Hawaiian rolls, fried rice, Hawaiian mac salad, and Pina Colada cheesecake dessert, plus complimentary red and white wines with dinner donated by Vineyard Grant James and San Pasqual Winery.
Thanks to the Jamul Casino for generous donation of the venue and a tropical feast for our event!
Win Prizes! Thanks to our generous sponsors: We’ll have a treasure trove of prizes in our silent auction and raffle from generous sponsors including Snow Valley Mountain Resort family 4-pack ski passes, Willie Nelson & the Outlaws concert tickets, Hornblower Cruises brunch passes on San Diego Bay, Outback Steakhouse gift certificate, spa gift basket and gift certificate from Prete a Porter Salon & Spa, original watercolor artworks from Nainsook Gallery, happy hour in the vineyard at Hatfield Creek Winery, annual pass from Soapy Joe’s Car Wash, gift baskets with local wines from Dulzura Winery, Vineyard Grant James and San Pasqual Winery, Yasakuchi Farms gift certificate for produce box, Crafted Greens gift certificate, Pick Up Stix dinners, Village Rock Shop gift basket, novels, cookbooks, jewelry (Amazonite and sterling silver plated pendant, chalcedony and silver necklace/bracelet/pendant earrings set, turquoise and silver plated necklace and earrings, rose quartz and silver earrings), gift certicates from Gypsy Treasures, Samantha's Boutique, Amethyst Moon and The Corner Store, Asian decor items donated by Carol Wei, Lily's salon gift certificate and more.
We also thank Local Umbrella Media for program printing and Village Awards & Engraving for their sponsorships of our event.
Questions? Call 619-698—7617 or email email@example.com