By Tracy DeFore, County of San Diego Communications Office
August 23, 2021 (San Diego) - As mail ballots start showing up in mailboxes around San Diego County, the Registrar of Voters office is encouraging voters to act on their mail ballot and vote early.
Voting by mail is:
- SIMPLE: A mail ballot, instructions and an “I Voted” sticker are included in your mail ballot packet.
- CONVENIENT: Make voting decisions and mark your ballot comfortably at home.
- SECURE: Sign and date your envelope, seal your completed ballot inside and return it postage free to a trusted source:
- Return your ballot through the mail. For a location near you, visit the U.S. Postal Service office or collection box website.
- Return it to one of 131 mail ballot drop-off locations around the county. Find the closest one to you by visiting the Registrar’s online locator tool.
- Return it to the Registrar’s office where early voting is already underway from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- If you plan to drop off your mail ballot or vote in person, we encourage you to wear a face covering, maintain a comfortable distance and avoid gathering in groups.